The Republic of Vanuatu is located in the South Pacific Ocean. Vanuatu is an archipelago composed of about 82 islands of volcanic origin, and lies not far from Australia.
A former joint British-French protectorate, Vanuatu became an independent Republic in 1980 and has since guarded its independence and sovereignty.
The capital city of Vanuatu is Port Vila located on the island of Efate. Albeit small in size and population (44,000), Port Vila boasts a well-developed banking and financial infrastructure with approximately seven banks serving the international financial industry, lawyers, accountants and financial advisers.
Program Info and Investment Options
Currently, under the Honorary Citizenship Act [CAP 112] of Vanuatu, honorary citizenship can be obtained by donation through the Development Support Program.
The Development Support Program replaces the former Economic Citizenship Program, Vanuatu Economic Rehabilitation Program (VERP), which was established in 2015.
On January 1, 2017, the Regulation Orders No. 215 and 216 of 2016 came into force. Under the Development Support Program, foreigners who make certain economic contributions to the Government can be granted honorary citizenship by investment in Vanuatu.
How to Apply
AgeApplicants must be over the age of 18 and under the age of 65 when submitting their application.
CapitalApplicants should have no less than US$ 250,000 of net personal assets when submitting their application.
PaymentAt the start of application process applicant must deposit 25% of the application total cost plus due diligence fees. When application has been approved in principle (AIP), the applicant must deposit the remaining fee of 75%.
ReferenceApplicants must submit an original certificate of no criminal record from the country in which they have resided during the last 12 months and the country of principal nationality.
FinanceApplicants must provide information about themselves and their families without the need for employment in Vanuatu.
Government of Vanuatu had made one last recalibration to their pricing schedule for DSP, starting June 2018 and so have we at Multitravel Services to ensure you enjoy the benefits of this re-calibration.
|Fees (US $)|
|Items||Main Applicant||Main applicant and Spouse||Family (Main Applicant + Spouse
+ 2 children under 18)
|Dependents regardless of age|
|Government Contribution||130,000||150,000||170,000||20,000 each|
|FIU Clearance fee (KYC Fee)||2,000||4,000||4,000||2,000 each|
|Certificate Fees||200||400||800||200 each|
|Passport fee||200||400||800||200 each|
*Your personal fees breakdown can be provided upon your request
- At start of application: 25% upon submission of application + US$2,000 due diligence fee
- Grant of Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) Clearance: remaining 75% + Certificate Fee + Passport Printing Fee.
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURES
1. EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Upon an expression of interest, each applicant shall first provide a clear copy of his or her original valid passport and a police clearance to the Agent. For a family case, each family member 18 years old and up, must submit a copy of passport and police clearance.
2. FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE UNIT CLEARANCE
All applicants require a clearance from the Financial Intelligent Unit in Vanuatu. This will take nearly 7 days from the the date from when passport copy received is lodged with the Financial Intelligent Unit.
3. CITIZENSHIP APPLICANT SERVICE AGREEMENT
Upon a written report issued by the relevant authorities and a Financial Intelligent Unit Clearance, the applicant and Agent are in a position to proceed. The Agent will inform the applicant that they have received Financial Intelligent Unit Clearance and both parties are required to sign the Service Agreement.
Upon signing the agreement, the applicant must fill in all required documents and sign the application forms available then hand them to the Agent for processing with 25% deposit payment of the total cost of application (including all fees). Total cost may vary depending on the number of applicants on the application. The deposit is non-refundable.
5. LODGEMENT TO THE CITIZENSHIP COMMISSION
Once all is completed and received, the Agent will lodge the application to the Commission. The processing time will be 1-2 months from the date of lodgment.
6. NOTICE OF APPROVAL
Upon the Citizenship Commission’s confirmation, a Notice Of Approval in principle will be issued to the applicant confirming that their status is hereby approved.
This Notice will also be sent to the Agent who will also inform the applicant respectively.
7. BALANCE OF PAYMENT / CANCELLATION
Upon receipt of the initial Notice of Approval, the applicant shall pay the remaining 75% balance of total cost agreed. If the applicant defaults and no balance payment is received, the Agent may suspend the application pending completion of payment. If no payment is received after ninety (90) days, the Vanuatu Government has the right to cancel the whole application with no refund.
8. ISSUE OF VANUATU PASSPORT
Upon receipt of full payment, the Citizenship Commission will issue the Citizenship Certificate and instruct the Passport office to issue a Vanuatu passport to the successful applicant. A soft copy of Citizenship Certificate and Passport would be emailed to the Applicant.
9. OATH OF ALLEGIANCE AND PASSPORT RECEIVAL
The Applicant must travel to Vanuatu or Hong Kong and appear before a Commissioner of Oath to receive their Citizenship Certificate and Passport.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS:
- Application forms need to be filled for main applicant, spouse, children, and parents.
- Existing passport color scan: must show the page in its entirety, (passport cover + 1st 3 pages of the passport + last 3 pages of the passport = 7 pages in total), (For the main applicant, spouse, children, parents).
- ID card color scan, front and back, photocopied on the first page, English translated when necessary (Forthe the main applicant, spouse, children, parents).
- Marriage certificate, English translated when necessary.
- Proof of relationship between main applicant and parents, (birth certificate of the applicant/s).
- Birth certificate of all applicants.
- Police Clearance of applicants and dependents (aged 18 years old and above).
- Most recent academic Diplomas and certificates or certificates of the children aged 18 - 25 years old.
- Medical Checkup certificate for applicants (aged 18 years old and above).
- Most recent education proof of dependent children.
- Asset proof of no less than US$250,000 (No shares accepted. The client will need to have liquidity of at least US$ 250,000. Preferably in the form of cash in the bank. Valuated property will also suffice.)
- Main applicant's CV and stamped proof of employment from his company.
- Passport 6 color photos (40mm x 50mm) (For main applicant, spouse, children, parents).
- Asset Report and Bank Statement of main applicant (Evidence of sufficient funds to support your application - 6 last months).
- Items 2 to 6 need to be color copied. Translated documents need to be notarized.
- All submitted photocopied documents (main applicant, spouse, children, parents) need to be signed by the main applicant before scanning and sending.
Benefits of Vanuatu second citizenship
You may get your Vanuatu passport within 2 months.
Flexible Due Diligence
The list of documents to support your application is quite simple. Thus the due diligence is easy and not time consuming.
There are no restrictions on dual citizenship in the Republic of Vanuatu.
A Vanuatu passport allows visa-free entry to 125 countries including all European Union Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, and Ireland.
One of the best offer for a family having 2 children.
No need to visit Vanuatu to keep your passport.
You are not required to live or even visit Vanuatu to keep your Vanuatu passport.
Have a clear criminal record and pay the fees.
Vanuatu has no income, wealth, inheritance, capital gains and estate taxes.
Absence of tax treaty exchange and guaranteed bank and commercial privacy.
Vanuatu is a favorite destination for travelers wanting a unique tropical destination that is relatively untouched by massive tourism trades.
Regulations and Visa Free Countries
The Vanuatu passport is considerably valuable in terms of travel mobility. Since June 2015, the citizens of Vanuatu are able to travel visa-free to the European Union Schengen member states. Furthermore, in September 2016, a mutual visa exemption agreement with Russia entered into force.
Currently the Vanuatu passport ranks 43rd in the world. Its holders can travel visa-free or visa-on-arrival to 125 countries, including Russia and the Schengen area, in addition to other EU countries (including the United Kingdom), most of the territories of the Caribbean, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Iran, Israel, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, among others.
VISA-FREE (Or Visa on Arrival) countries list (135 countries)
|Andorra||Antigua and Barbuda||Armenia|
|Cape Verde||Comoros||Costa Rica|
|Papua New Guinea||Peru||Philippines|
|Romania||Russia||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|Saint Lucia Visa||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||Samoa Entry|
|Solomon Islands||Spain||Sri Lanka|
|Tonga||Trinidad and Tobago||Tuvalu|
|Uganda||Ukraine||United Kingdom excluding some|
|Overseas territories||Vatican City||Zambia|