ABOUT SAINT KITTS & NEVIS
St. Kitts & Nevis has been independent country since 1983 and forms part of the Lesser Antilles, which is a group of islands located 2,000 km to the southeast of Miami. The Federation comprises two islands Nevis and St. Kitts and the truly appropriate slogan of the local tourism authority is: “Two islands - one paradise”.
The country's reputation is untouched, St Kitts & Nevis is part of the Commonwealth; the Head of State is the Queen of England and is a well-functioning democracy based on the British parliamentary system.
Conveniently positioned for business people, the official and business language is English. The Federation is a member of the United Nations (UN), the British Commonwealth, of the Organization of American States (OAS), CARICOM and various other international organizations.
The nation of St. Kitts & Nevis has been independent since 1983 and is officially known in the constitution as Saint Christopher and Nevis. As well as a tourist destination, St. Kitts, the larger of the two islands, has emerged as an international financial center and is home to the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank and the Eastern Caribbean Securities Exchange, two important pillars of the regions Financial Sector.
St. Kitts & Nevis is one of the most tranquil locations in the Caribbean, with unspoiled tropical forests, lush organic farmland and wide open beaches. The islands possess a stunning variety of activities and attractions, which include cycling, diving, golfing, hiking, horseback riding, sailing, snorkeling, sport fishing, and taking a scenic railway which connects the island’s former sugar plantations. Other attractions include the Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park, a UNESCO World heritage site dubbed the “Gibraltar of the Caribbean,” which gives visitors an awe-inspiring view of the Caribbean Sea. There is also the Alexander Hamilton Museum in Nevis, which highlights the life of Alexander Hamilton, one of the Founding Fathers of the United States and the first Secretary of the United States Treasury.
LocationThe nation of St. Kitts & Nevis is located in the Eastern Caribbean, just east of the Virgin Islands. It is roughly 1,200 miles from Miami, 1,600 miles from New York, 4,000 miles from London and about 45 minutes by plane from Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
LanguageEnglish is the official language.
CurrencyThe Eastern Caribbean Dollar (XCD$) is pegged to the US Dollar at US$1.00 XCD = XCD$2.70.
ClimateAverage year-round air temperature of 84°F / 28°C, with water at surrounding beaches a few degrees cooler
St. Kitts plays host to concerts, festivals, and performances year-round.
Held each June, the St. Kitts Music Festival features live performances of everyone from Grammy-winning artists to the island’s own musicians playing reggae, calypso, R&B and more.
In 2012, St. Kitts & Nevis was ranked #3 on the list of “10 Best Islands in the World” by US News & World Report.
It outranked other Caribbean destinations such as Cayman Islands, St. Maarten and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Area: 261 km2.
Capital City: Basseterre.
Population: 55,000 People.
Official Language: English.
Currency: Eastern Caribbean Dollar (XCD).
Key Economic Sectors: Tourism, Agriculture.
Government Type: Parliamentary democracy under federal constitutional monarchy.
GeographyThe larger of the two islands, St. Kitts is 68 square miles and home to the capital, Basseterre. The sister island Nevis lies to the south and has a land area of 36 square miles. The current population approximately is 51,000.
GovernmentSt. Kitts & Nevis is a parliamentary democracy and an independent state within the British commonwealth. The Head of State is Queen Elizabeth II, who is locally represented by a Governor General. US bills are accepted by most stores and businesses and change is given in E.C. currency.
AccessibilityRobert Llewellyn Bradshaw International airport is easily accessed by direct flights from London, Miami, New York, as well as other major airports. Visa-free travel to over 130 countries.
EconomyNo taxes on worldwide income. Tourism, agriculture and light manufacturing. A number of major international banks operate in St. Kitts & Nevis.
The Citizenship-by-Investment Program was established in 1984 and is the oldest and most respected of any program of its type worldwide. The Government of St. Kitts and Nevis utilizes this program to attract investors of good character to make a substantial contribution to the development of the Federation. These investors are then given the opportunity to apply for citizenship within the guidelines of the program.
Legislation Governing Citizenship by Investment
Citizenship of St. Christopher (St. Kitts) and Nevis is governed by the Constitution. In 1984 pursuant to Section 92 (1) (h) of the Constitution, Parliament prescribed the manner in which foreigners would be able to make application to be registered as citizens of St. Kitts and Nevis.
Key concept of the program: applicants are free to choose from 3 investment options. The options are as follows:
- Donation to a Sustainable Growth Fund.
- Investment in real estate.
Option 1. Contribution to Sustainable Growth Fund
A contribution is required to the governmental SGF, established as an independently audited public company.
Single Applicant: a non-refundable contribution of US$ 150,000.
The family of 4: a non-refundable contribution of US$ 195,000
Each additional eligible dependent, regardless of age US$ 10,000.
Eligible dependents include all dependent children up to 30 years old and parents over 55 years old.
Option 2. Real estate investment
An investment to be made to the designated real estate with a value of at least US$ 200,000 (resealable after 7 years) or US$ 400,000 (resealable after 5 years). Only villas and condominium units from the approved developer qualify for the citizenship.
Government Processing Fee (in the Real Estate Investment option):
|Principal Applicant||$ 35,047|
|Dependent child under 18 years old||$ 10,047|
|Dependent person over 18 years old||$ 10,047|
Due Diligence Fee (for all options):
|Principal Applicant||$ 7,500|
|Dependent person over 16 years old||$ 4,000|
|Passport fee||$ 355 each|
|Governmental forms||$ 250 each|
Please contact Multitravel for professional fees and a personalized quote based on the number and ages of dependents included in your application.
The Applicant Must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Provide details and evidence of the proposed qualifying investment.
- Pass a diligence background check along with their qualifying dependents over the age of 18.
- Provide full and frank disclosure on all matters pertaining to the application.
- Pay the requisite non-refundable processing, due diligence and administrative fees upon application.
- Add newborn children after being granted economic citizenship (special conditions).
The Applicant may be disqualified if he:
- Has been convicted of a criminal offense except for a minor traffic offense.
- Has been declared bankrupt by a court.
- Has been declared, by a court or qualified health practitioner to be mentally incapacitated.
- Provides false information.
- Is the subject of a criminal investigation.
- Is considered to be a potential National Security risk.
- Is involved in any activity likely to cause disrepute to St Kitts & Nevis.
- Has been denied a visa to a country with which St Kitts & Nevis has visa-free travel and has not subsequently obtained a visa to that country.
Primary applicants can also include:
Children under 18 years old.
Dependents between the ages of 18 to 30 years old, if this dependent is a full-time student attending a recognized college or university and financially dependent on the main applicant.
Parents and grandparents of the main applicant over the age of 55 years old, can also be included in the application once they are living with and financially dependent on the main applicant.
Newborn children can obtain citizenship following the certain requirements.
List of documents required
A. APPLICATION PACKAGE FORMS
- Application Form of the Applicant (Form C1): To be completed by all applicants. For children under 16 years of age, both parents must sign.
- Signature Certificate Form of the Applicant (Form C2): To be completed by all applicants. The same principle as C1 applies to children under 16 years of age.
- Photographs (6) taken within last 6 months.
- Medical Certificate (Form C3) with results of HIV test of the Applicant.
- Passport Forms.
A.1 SGF OPTION (Sustainable Growth Fund):
- Investment Confirmation (C4 form).
- Confirmation of deposit of all funds to the escrow account.
A.2 REAL ESTATE OPTION:
- Copy of Duly Executed Real Estate Contract / Purchase and Sales Agreement.
- Copy of Duly Executed Escrow Agreement.
- Deed of Conveyance / Certificate of Title (if closing completed).
- Confirmation of deposit of all funds to the escrow account.
B. APPLICANT’S DOCUMENTS
- Certified copies of the passports of all the applicants showing the name, citizenship/nationality, date of birth, date and place of expiry, photo. If the individual has more than 1 passport, include certified copy showing the same information.
- Certified copy of current National ID Card.
- Original passport-size photos of the applicant taken within the past six months.
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate of the Applicant / Original excerpt of Full Birth Record.
- Original Police Certificate from Country of Citizenship and from any country where the applicant has lived for more than a year during the past 10 years. Must be less than 6 months old at the time of submission.
- Certified copy of Military Record (if applicable).
- Certified copy of Proof of Name Change (if applicable).
- One Original Bank Reference Letter issued by an internationally recognized bank, not older than 6 months.
- One Original Professional Reference from an attorney, notary public, chartered accountant or another professional of similar standing. Not older than 6 months.
- Original evidence of Residential Address (e.g. certified copy of a recent utility bill, or bank statement showing full name and address or written confirmation from a bank, attorney, chartered accountant or notary public).
- Certified copy or original excerpt of Marriage Certificate (if applicable).
- Certified copy or original excerpt of Certificate of Divorce (if applicable).
- Bank Statements of the past 12 months.
- Any additional documents required in support of answers given or statements made in Application.
- Source of funds.
The list is not exhaustive and other documents may have to be provided by the applicants, depending on their particular situation. These documents may include company incorporation and good standing documents, ownership or title documents in support of explanations, or any other type of document in support of the applicant’s statements made on the application forms.
C. OTHER DOCUMENTS
- Professional Services Agreement to be executed by the client and Multitravel.
- Power of Attorney granted by the Investor in favor of Multitravel (wording provided by Multitravel).
The process of obtaining citizenship of St. Kitts & Nevis though investment in the HRF/SIDF
- The investor signs the service agreement, then fills in all application forms and pays professional fees, government and due diligence fees in full.
- The application is submitted to the Citizenship investment Unit (CIU) with proof of funds transferred.
- The due diligence process starts and usually takes 90 days.
- Once due diligence checks are completed – approval from the CIU is received.
- Within 90 days of approval, the investor pays the full contribution by crediting the government-designated Escrow Account.
- The office of Prime Minister issues the Certificate of Naturalization. A local agent submits it together with the passport application to St Kitts & Nevis Passport Office.
- The documents (passport and certificate of naturalization) are issued and sent to the investor via a reputable courier service.
Same procedures are applicable to real estate option amending step 1 with:
- The investor enters into Real Estate Purchase/Sale Agreement with the approved real estate development and the Multitravel agreement.
- The investor transfers the deposit into developer’s account to reserve the property and pays in full all government and due diligence fees.
Benefits of Saint Kitts & Nevis Citizenship
VISA-FREE (Or Visa on Arrival) countries list (136 countries)
|Albania||Anguilla||Antigua and Barbuda|
|Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Botswana|
|Cape Verde||Cayman Islands||Chile|
|Dominican Republic||Egypt||El Salvador|
|France||French Guiana||French Polynesia|
|French West Indies Gambia||Germany||Gibraltar|
|Honduras||Hong Kong (SAR China)||Hungary|
|Ireland (Republic of)||Italy||Jamaica|
|Korea (Republic of, South)||Kosovo (Republic of)||Lao People’s Democratic Republic|
|Lithuania||Luxembourg||Macao (SAR China)|
|Macedonia (FYROM) Madagascar||Malawi||Malaysia|
|Mauritius||Mayotte||Micronesia (the Federated States of)|
|Spain||Sri Lanka||St. Helena|
|St. Lucia||St. Maarten||St. Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Tonga||Trinidad and Tobago||Tunisia|
|Turkey||Turks and Caicos Islands||Uganda|
SAINT KITTS EMBASSIES & HIGH COMMISSIONS
- Belgium - Brussels.
- Canada - Ottawa.
- Cuba - Havana.
- Jamaica - Kingston.
- Taiwan - Taipei.
- The United Kingdom - London.
- United States - Washington, D.C.
SAINT KITTS CONSULATES
- Antigua and Barbuda - St. John's, Consulate.
- Belize - Belize City, Consulate.
- Brazil - Sao Paulo, Consulate.
- Canada - Toronto, Consulate General.
- Canada - Victoria, BC, Consulate General.
- Dominican Republic - Santo Domingo, Consulate.
- France - Paris, Consulate.
- Germany - Hamburg, Consulate.
- Morocco - Casablanca, Consulate.
- Switzerland - Geneva, Consulate.
- Turkey - Istanbul, Consulate.
- United Arab Emirates - Dubai, Consulate General.
- United States - Los Angeles, Consulate General.
- United States - New York, Consulate General.
- United States - Philadelphia, Consulate.
- US Virgin Islands - Charlotte Amalie, Consulate.